Our Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the GST Bill in the both parliament sessions so all the indirect taxes which is imposed by the state or central government has been replaced with GST (Goods and Service Tax) by July 2017. So from now its is mandatory requirements to convert the existing VAT/CST State wise Assessee and Service Tax or Excise assessee to the new reform tax GST Registration. even all the new entrepreneurs or assessee whose cross turnover of 20 Lakh Rupees except the north eastern state where the limit is 10 lakhs.
Tax Consultancy helps you to get your GST Registration Number via GST Portal. GST Portal is user friendly but still you have to required the professional’s to fill up your application forms and submission of the documents on the GST Portal. You have to required to follow below steps :-
1. First of all just login on GST offical Portal.
2. Fill up the Part A of GST Registration Form-1 by the Professional.
3. Client received the reference number via email and mobile number.
4. Fill Up the second part of the registration form and upload the below documents as per the business entity.
5. Finally a Certificate of Registration has been issued by the Government of India.
GST Registration Number is 15 Digit identification number which is allotted to each applicant. its a completely based on the Pan Number and State code. First two digit represent the state code and another 10 digit represent the Pan number of the client , one digit represent the entity code( Like proprietorship or partnership etc), one digit is blank and last one is represent check digit.
You have to required to prepare some of the documents as per the legal entity :-
a) In case of Sole Proprietorship Firm –
– Pan Card and Address Proof of the proprietor.
b) In case of Partnership Firm –
– Pan card of the Firm with the deed.
– Partnership registration certificate & partners id & address proof.
c) In case of Private Limited Company or One Person Company –
– Pan Card of the Company , COI , MOA & AOA of Company.
– Board Resolution with Directors Id & Address Proof.
d) In case of LLP (Limited Liability Partnership) –
– COI & Pan Card of Company.
– Deed + Partners Id & Address Proof
GST Migration Procedure has been started for the already existing taxpayers which are registered under the VAT/CST or TIN or Service Tax. So if you have already previous TIN Number or Service Tax Number then you can convert into the new gst registration before the july 2017. For the GST Migration you have to required following things –
a) Existing Login Details as User and Password of the respective VAT/CST or Service Tax.
b) Provisional Login Details of GST Portal as user id and password of the same.
GST have 2 turnover limits :-
a) 20 Lakh Rupees in a year for across India except the North East State.
b) 10 Lakh Rupees in a year for North East State.(Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand)
So its mean if your business sales or turnover is more than the above limits then GST Registration is mandatory for you and if you are looking for the input tax credit then its also required the GST Registration. In Some case we have to require the online gst registration from starting for doing our regular business because all other traders or suppliers are registered under the gst. so it’s a complete chain from manufacture to retailer or wholesaler or service provider.